ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:10:29 GMT

.duncan wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:
>
> > I can think of one thou it is a very strong good reason :P. The
> > optional Scripting tasks deals with objects directly from what
> > I saw but it could be re-morphed to deal with some abstract
> > TaskElement structureI assume
>
> No need for the acutal tasks to be created in order for a scripting
> model to work.

Peter is right.

Calling a script isn't of much value unless it can interact with its
environment.  In this case, the environment is Ant itself.

What I had done with the script task was to make the project, targets,
properties, and any element with an "id" attribute available for direct
manipulation by the script.

- Sam Ruby