ant-dev mailing list archives

From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:23:02 GMT

duncan wrote:
> > Nested taskdef elements, with identical syntax to the current taskdef
> > task, could be used to generate the necessary <include> statements on
> > the javac and then to define the mapping between classname and task
> > name.  Users could obviously add their own <include> statements if
> > necessary.
>
> Could you propose a sample of how this would be stated in XML?

Here is a sample that could be useful in xml-fop:

   <compileTask srcdir="lib" destdir="lib">
     <taskdef name="xslt" classname="Xslt" />
   </compileTask>

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  In order to further the discussion, I'm committing in an untested
implementation.  Monday(-ish) I'll test it and contribute documentation
(unless somebody wishes to beat me to it).