ant-dev mailing list archives

From emount...@amadeus.net
Subject Re: Ant on NT
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:03:11 GMT
Unless you are running the latest CVS version you need:

<property name="build.compiler" value="classic" />

as the 3.1 version does nothing in modern compile mode.

:E

From: "Tom @ Telus" <tmetzger  on 15/06/2000 00:42 GMT

|--------->
|         |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                           |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|To:      |
|--------->
  |ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org                                                 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|cc:      |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  | (bcc: Eric Mountain/NCE/AMADEUS)                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|         |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |                                                                           |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|
|--------->
|Subject: |
|--------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |Ant on NT                                                                  |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------|
  >-------------------------------------------|

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this is not the proper venue, but Ant does not work for me
under NT.  The "javac" target fails to descend into my source hierarchy and
compile my files, although it does report the correct number of files before
reporting a "Modern Compile" and then (it seems) doing nothing.

I'd be happy to help fix it myself, if it's a problem with Ant and not javac
itself.  However I'm new to open source, so I would need some initiation.

Help anyone?

Tom

Tom Metzger (tmetzger@telus.net, tom@evg.org, tom@echarge.com)
http://evg.org/~tom <-- My homepage