ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Dependancy problem?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:52:29 GMT
I posted this yesterday and received no responses. I cannot tell whether
that is because nobody knows the answer, everyone things that the answer is
too obvious to bother with, or the subject I chose was somehow filtered
out, so I am trying again with a different subject...

I have a "test" target in my build.xml file which runs my test program
after ensuring that it is compiled. Unfortunately, every time I run it, it
also recompiles the test code, even after it was previously compiled. Here
is the relevant section of the build file:
<!-- =================================================================== -->
<!-- Compiles the test code -->
<!-- =================================================================== -->
<target name="testcompile" depends="compile">
<javac srcdir="${src.dir}/test" destdir="${build.classes}"
classpath="${classpath}"
debug="on" deprecation="off" optimize="on">
</javac>
</target>

<!-- =================================================================== -->
<!-- Runs the test code -->
<!-- Note: the classpath variable must be set on the command line -->
<target name="test" depends="testcompile">
<java classname="com.meterware.httpunit.HttpUnitSuite"
fork="yes" classpath="${build.classes};${classpath}" >
</java>
</target>
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? The full program can be found at
<http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/>

Is this behavior intended?