ant-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Gold <russg...@acm.org>
Subject Unneeded rebuild?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:06:56 GMT
I have a "test" target in my build.xml file which runs my test program
after ensuring that it is compiled. Unfortunately, every time I run it, it
also recompiles the test code, even after it was previously compiled. Here
is the relevant section of the build file:

><!--  ===================================================================
>-->
><!--  Compiles the test code                                               -->
><!--  ===================================================================
>-->
><target name="testcompile" depends="compile">
>     <javac srcdir="${src.dir}/test" destdir="${build.classes}"
> classpath="${classpath}"
>            debug="on" deprecation="off" optimize="on">
>     </javac>
></target>
>

><!--  ===================================================================
>-->
><!--  Runs the test code                                                   -->
><!--  Note: the classpath variable must be set on the command line         -->
><target name="test" depends="testcompile">
>     <java classname="com.meterware.httpunit.HttpUnitSuite"
>           fork="yes" classpath="${build.classes};${classpath}" >
>     </java>
></target>

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  The full program can be found at
<http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/>