ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Meade <eme...@geekfarm.org>
Subject Re: Jcvs taskdef
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 17:23:38 GMT
At 03:18 PM 6/5/2000 +0200, Stefan wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I didn't look too close at Tim's cvsc package, the links to the jCVS
>Home Page at GJT are broken (point to www.ice.com/java/jcvs) so I
>couldn't find an overview document. So please correct me if I'm wrong
>Erik.

Nope, not wrong at all, I am also getting some bounced email from
emailing Tim about getting the link to the spec fixed.  I doubt I am
willing to reverse engineer the spec.

>Am I right that it only supports the pserver protocoll? If this was
>true the limitation would be far to strong IMHO. Some of our internal
>projects use :local: and others use :ext: over SSH and I guess most
>distributed projects follow the SSH route.

To be honest I am not sure if only the pserver protocol is supported.
If so, like you mentioned, it will not be nearly as useful.

>Furthermore cvsc cannot be shipped with Ant because GPL and the Apache
>license are not compatible AFAIK.
>Stefan

Ya, I'll keep my eyes open and see if anything else that I can work on
comes along.
Erik