ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Murray-Rust <Peter.Murray-r...@nottingham.ac.uk>
Subject Newbie question [time dependencies]
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:40:34 GMT
Please forgive what is probably a FAQ or misconception [I have read the ant
docs and also run some simple examples].

I wish to use ant for building transforming XML documents - for websites,
etc. - using Xalan and XSL stylesheets. I am trying to set up dependencies
such as if foo.xml is touched, the foo.xml->foo.html build needs to be
triggered. But I can't see how to make foo.html depend on foo.xml. javac
and copydir have such mechanisms - is there a way to make them more
generally available (as happens in makefiles)?

I very much like the idea of ant and am sure that XML is the right
foundation for make-like operations.

Peter