ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim O'Brien" <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/com/oreilly/servlet
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:33:29 GMT
Why can't we use the javax.mail package as in the Email patch?  It is a
standard.  You don't necessarily need to us the reference implementation
from Sun.  Although some think it is bloated, it does provide a very
straightforward way to make MIME attachments.

I know it would be a smop to implement a simple mail sender, but javax.mail
does much more and I didn't think Ant was the place for this.

Tim O'Brien

I'd be interested in seeing if anyone wants to start up a project to
implement javamail under the apache umbrella

View raw message