ant-dev mailing list archives

From chane...@netscape.com (Patrick Chanezon)
Subject Re: Javadoc patch
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:57:04 GMT
Hi Conor,
thanks for commiting that patch, my project will now be able to update to the
latest ant release.

As of distinguishing the attribute name of link and group from the nested
element name, I had no ideological opinion about it: it is just that in my
tests, it appeared that if they have the same name, an old build.xml file using
the attribute would not work anymore: you would get an exception.
And backward compatibility seems to me a very important requirement.

Did you test that scenario ?
If so I'm very happy with the solution.
If not I suggest you change the name of the nested elements.

P@

--
Patrick Chanezon, iPlanet Market Maker- Portal/EServices Technical Lead
Netscape Communications Corp. - http://people.netscape.com/chanezon/

"Two monks were arguing about a flag. One said: `The flag is moving.'
The other said: `The wind is moving.'
The sixth patriach happened to be passing by. He told them: `Not the wind, not
the flag; mind is moving.'"
Zen Koan