ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Haas <thomas.h...@softwired-inc.com>
Subject Exec and MatchingTask
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:15:57 GMT
Hi

I like the discussion started about MatchingTask and Exec. Implementing
the JUnit, JavaCC and others I faced similar problems. The problem is
that tasks should use functionality instead of inherit. Therefor I did
an Execution FrameWork to be used by tasks. If you need executiona and
matching, inherit from MatchingTask and use the execution facility from
the execution framwork.

I attached some of the classes.
The framework currently provides:
- Easy handling of commandline parameters
- Customizable input and output stream handlers including compatibvility
to the old log based output of Exec
- watchdog, killing processes running for too long
- easy evaluation of the return code of the subprocess
- command line definition using nested XML elements

The framework currently does not provide:
- setting of current directory like Exec does (which can be added easily
by extending Commandline)

- tom