ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@collab.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/com/oreilly/servlet MailMessage.java
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:01:56 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Jason,
>
> Why not just make this an optional task. That way you can keep the code in
> one place and under your control whilst making it available to ant users who
> have installed your package.

Whether a task should be optional or not should be dependent on the
merits of the task, not on what's easiest for integration.  I'm sure in
this case we can solve the integration issue, and I personally think
sending mail is something qualifying as a core task, as async
notification of an official build finishing is quite standard.

-jh-