ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Moving lib directory
Date Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:26:40 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems doing cvs updates these days because of the lib directory
> created during the build of ant.
>
> cvs update: in directory lib:
> cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> cvs [update aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or
> directory

You might try doing a fresh check-out into a new directory.  I've seen CVS get
confused before in situations like this, and a fresh check-out cured it.

> This is because the lib directory is in CVS but is currently empty (and
> therefore pruned locally). Creating a local lib directory causes CVS to
> complain (presumably because it does not have the CVS subdirectory). Is
> anyone else having this issue? I propose to move the lib directory into the
> ant build area (../build/ant). Any issues with that?

This would be nasty for build files or scripts assuming they can refer to
$ANT_HOME/lib/ant.jar for the Ant files.  Today, this assumption is correct
whether you are using the source or the binary distribution of Ant -- but it
would no longer be the case if you build externally unless you always remember
to change ANT_HOME.

> Conor

Craig McClanahan