ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Hunter <jhun...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Question about javax packages
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:19:39 GMT
> > The reason I'm asking is that, I thought it would be an interesting feature
> > if Ant could email a file or message to a build master upon completion.
>
> Simple enough to write a quicky class that opens a socket on 25 to a
> mailhost and spits out a message -- javaMail is, imho, overkill for that...

Yeah, it's just a "smop".  :-)

Anyway, com.oreilly.servlet.MailMessage does just this.  I don't want to
just "toss over" the code since development is occurring on Servlets.com
and I want that to remain its home (something that at Collab.net we're
calling intersourcing).  One solution would be to mirror.  I'm willing
to make the MailMessage license Apache-compat.

-jh-