ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Gray <dmg...@fareast.com.au>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:57:45 GMT
Hi Peter,

> >Where is this supposed to be? I don't find it anywhere on my system.
>
> okay you will have to copy xerces.jar from your solaris system or
> alternatively get xerces from cvs (goto xml.apache.org to get details).

I'll go get it. I guess others who compiled successfully on Linux already had it.

> specifically look at these lines in bootstrap. JAVA_HOME should be set to
> your java directory and you currently have it set to /usr/local/java.

/usr/local/java is a symbolic link to /usr/local/jdk1.2.2

> Make sure you are not using the kaffe virtual machine/compiler which comes
> with default instal on some distributions (notably the red hat distros). In
> which case try to uninstall it or put /usr/local/java/bin at the start of
> PATH environment variable (by export PATH=/usr/local/java/bin:$PATH if in a
> bourne style shell) .

Ahh! Herein lies the problem! I found an extra javac in /usr/bin or some such
directory so got rid of it and progressed further. Some other problem came up but
I will  tackle that tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Dennis