ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Gray <dmg...@fareast.com.au>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:50:20 GMT

Thanks, Peter. I tried all of your suggestions but no luck.

> Very odd problem. Not sure exactly what the problem is but heres a few
> things to try
> * make sure you have write permission to directory and all files

This is exactly the same source that compiled okay on the Solaris box. Nothing
changed except the JDK version.

> * make sure you move $HOME/.antrc while bootstrapping (just in case you have
> odd settings there)

This never got created. I suppose it turns up once the compile is successful
but I never got that far.

> * make sure you run script from the base ant directory

Yup

> * make sure you include the required parser files in your classpath
> (xerces.jar)

Where is this supposed to be? I don't find it anywhere on my system.

> * make sure you never changed build.xml

Never touched it.

> Sorry if these sound simplistic but I can't think of anything that would
> cause this errors :P

The difference I do find is the lack of the classes.zip file in the jdk1.2.2.
Someone suggested that I configure the ant build to use jdk1.2.2 but I don't
see where to do that. I did compile on the Solaris box with 1.1.8, I believe. I
can confirm that tomorrow but I know we are not running Java2 on that machine.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis