ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre, Sebastien" <spie...@Rational.Com>
Subject Re: Ant project DTD
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 17:02:59 GMT
Willy Picard wrote:
> I've got a little problem with the "property"
> tag. As far as I understood the Ant doc, the attributes of this
> tag are the following:
> - name is required
> - one of the following is required (value, resource, file)
>
> Do you know how to model this "one of the following..." ?

You can't do it with attributes... You cannot use exclusion, or
conditionnals. The only way would be using XML schema or another DTD
which instances could be XSLed to Ant's format.

I know that DTDs are quite unexpressive - but that's why schemas are
coming..The problem, though, is that there is no parser supporting it
for the moment (maybe Xerces will soon).

So either be patient, or sacrify some constraints : but don't forget to
mention it into your DTD's documentation !

Cheers,
Seb.

--

Sebastien PIERRE_______________________