ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nordlund <peter.nordl...@lentus.se>
Subject A few corrections to the documentation.
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:29:18 GMT
Hi,

I am a newbie with ant, so I might have understood a few thing
the wrong way, but anyway, I have some comments:

I fetched jakarta-ant-20000615.src.zip

In src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Copydir.java
I propose an addition:

 if (!srcDir.exists()) {
            throw new BuildException("srcdir does not exist!\n"
            + srcDir.toString()); // added line
        }

So that it is easier to see which dir that does not exist.
It is very convenient to get information about errors in
clear text so that you don't have to dig through the
build-file to understand what went wrong.

------

I am using jdk 1.2.2 on a linux redhat 6.2 platform.

To get ant to work properly I had to set up my path like this:
/work/sw/java/jdk1.2.2/lib/tools.jar:/work/sw/java/jaxp/jaxp1.0.1/jaxp.jar:/work/sw/java/jaxp/jaxp1.0.1/parser.jar

- the tools.jar file is not mentioned in the build documentation,
so maybe that info should be added.

Mor things in the doc:
The latest stable version of Ant can be downloaded from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/release/v3.0/ant.zip.

This link seems to be broken.

About the exec command:
In the doc it says that output file is required.
It seems to me that the command goes to stdout if the output file is
omitted. This is exactly what I want, so that is fine!
Just correct the doc if it is wrong.

Best regards,
Peter