ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Haas <thomas.h...@softwired-inc.com>
Subject Re: javac dependencies
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2000 12:31:53 GMT

Vitaly Stulsky wrote:

> [deleted]

> 2) With applied patch it is possible to use such src dirs:
>                 <property   name="src.dir"
>                                         value= "com/company/progr/mainprogr;
>                                                         com/company/utils/protocol;
>                                                         com/company/utils/db;
>                                                         com/company/utils/diag;
>                                                         com/company/utils/html;
>                                                         com/company/utils/sort;
>                                                         com/company/utils/string;
>                                                         com/company/utils/thread;
>                                                         com/company/utils/test;
>                                                         com/company/utils/timer
>                 />
>    All paths must be separated by semicolon ( I estimate Unix users indignation,
> but now current
>    approach easily extended to usage semicolon on NT platform and colon on
> Unix).

Sounds like great, usefull work. We would defenitkly like to deplay and use your
dependency tracking.

You may use the Path object to handle lists of files, as it is designed for exactly
that purpose and deals with OS specifc stuff.
I feel like if you cannot use it, Path is probably broeken and needs a fix.

- tom