ant-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Haas <tho...@haas-wyss.ch>
Subject Path.java update
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2000 19:27:39 GMT
Hi

Finally I had a closer look at Path.java and got rid of some stuff.
Thanks to Conor and Stephan for pointing at the problems.

Changes:

   * Remove inner class PathElement (there was really no use for it
     anymore)
   * Simplyfied translatePath method. DOS path detection changes:
     detection is only done, when PathSeparator is ";". It only checks
     for the second character being ":".
   * New translateFile method

What:
The Path class shall be used to represent path like strutuctures in Ant.
A path is a list of elements. Each element is a file or a directory. It
can be used to define CLASSPATH or PATH.

Prior to committing Path.java, we should decide on the translatePath
method, as there is another in Project. No matter where the methods go,
they should be accessible without a reference to Project, as this was my
problem and reason to redo translatePath as static method in Path.
May the functionality could be placed in a object of its own. Maybe even
in a way to allow people to replace the implementation of
translateFile/Path with their own.

- tom