ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Gentle introduction to scripting
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:00:53 GMT
At 10:08  30/6/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Peter Donald wrote:
>>>I'm hoping that we find a better way to achieve the user requirements
>>>than using proxies in all cases.
>>
>>yup thou I could think of nothing off hand. Any ideas ?
>
>Using proxies only when necessary?

What exactly do you mean ? The only way I could see that happening is that
instantiation occurs on first access - whether that is first access through
scripting or through execution. This would allow each task to be
instantiated once which shouldn't be a problem. The only problem I see is
that it could theoretically cause pain whilst debuggin through script but
that should be easy to get around.

Cheers,

Pete