ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Gentle introduction to scripting
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 02:18:31 GMT
At 09:52  29/6/00 -0400, you wrote:

>I put a lot of power into the scripting task, a lot more than I think
>people realize.

I sure as hell didn't. It way more powerful than i thought. Almost all of
this functionality can be transfered across when/if the ant build file
becomes immediately processed. The only thing I guess that would have to
change (assuming we go with some proxy-task holder) is setting of
parameters. Basically you would have to go

setParameter("message","someValue");
instead of
setMessage("someValue");

This also raises an interesting thought. When exactly will the task be
bound to node. Will it be at execute time - so every time a task is
executed it rebinds ?

Cheers,

Pete