ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Very Beginner user.
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:48:41 GMT
At 05:45  29/6/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>    I have a quick question. Is there a way to do a for loop in Ant.
>This is the first day that I'm trying it out. I want to be a user first
>before I can become active. Can any one please help me...

Well yes and no. No there isn't by defauly anyway to do loops in ant
because 90% of tasks can specified declaratively with out procedural
elements. For the other 10% of tasks you can use the script task to do
task. However IIRC there is no examples in distribution obly in mailing
list archives and I believe that the semantics of script will change
somewhat in near future. So if at all possible declare build.xml using
declarative tasks.

Cheers,

Pete