ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject RE: proposing
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:35:23 GMT
At 11:31  28/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>What would you prefer:
><available classname="org.whatever.MyClass,org.whatever.MyClass2"

egad runaway runaway. What happens when you have package names as long as I
 do and want multiple classes. You end up with somethink like

ugly ! and difficult to read IMO.

><available property="myclasses.present">
>       <resource classname="org.whatever.MyClass"\>
>	 <resource classname="org.whatever.MyClass2"\>

I like this much better although there is also an alternative which is
equally readable. Namely

<available property="myclasses.present.1" classname="org.whatever.MyClass" />
<available property="myclasses.present.2" classname="org.whatever.MyClass2" />
<available property="myclasses.present"
available="myclasses.present.1,myclasses.present.2" />

This also has an advantage if you have multiple availables in a hierarchial
tree it all works great :P.