ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Beginners question
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:41:10 GMT
At 12:43  27/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> >I'm using sun 1.3beta4.
>>
>> Err I was refering to what version of Ant you are using ? CVS copy ? copy
>> bundled with another tool etc
>
>My appoligies.  I had just downloaded the latest CVS release dated today.
Same
>problem.

Egads !!!!!! The source and binary files are from about 2 months ago. Can
someone with access remove ant from tomcat downloads area or at least setup
a script so that it builds it and puts a vaguly new version up every now
and again. No wonder there is so many people confused when using it :P

Timothy,
	what this means is that you will have to download the cvs version of ant -
alternatively you can go to
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/tomcat/nightly/

which seems to have an okay version. Thou I noticed it is not mentioned on
any webpages for ant (or am i mistaken ????).

Cheers,

Pete