ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Beginners question
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:41:49 GMT
At 08:25  26/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>    I have created a build.xml file, and when I run ant, the output is:
>[treaves@double teikade]$ ant
>Buildfile: build.xml
>Project base dir set to: /home/treaves/dev/teikade
>Executing Target: init
>Executing Target: prepare
>Executing Target: compile
>Compiling 190 source files to /opt/classes/teikade
>Performing a Modern Compile
>Completed in 1 seconds
>
>However, no class files are generated.  Could someone point me in the
>direction I nned to take to correct this?  Thanks.

well depends on when you got the ant distribution. Older version simply
ignored modern compile so you will have to do one of following
* get jikes (recomended) and change compiler property to jikes
* get new version of ant (also recomended)
* use classic compile via setting property (very slow but you don't have to
download anything more)

Cheers,

Pete