ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:02:50 GMT
At 10:42  22/6/00 PDT, you wrote:
>I'm getting similar errors using JDK1.2.2
>on RedHat Linux 6.2.
>In my case, the Sun packaged javac.Main
>and rmi.Main classes are not found. My
>CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME and other envars
>are correctly set.

well make sure you are using the right javac
(type "whereis javac" and it should print out the location of java1.2.2
directory). If you aren't you will have to uninstall kaffe rpm.

The problem is that your system sin't finding $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar.
Verify it exists, is readable and on the classpath.

At 10:44  22/6/00 PDT, you wrote:
>Is the simple answer to this that ant will
>only compile under JDK1.1.8 and not under JDK1.2.2?
>That would explain why cites,
>which is obsoleted in 1.2.2.
>Any expert here?

works fine on my machine - regardles of vm (tried IBM 1.1.8, sun 1.2.2 and
IBM 1.3) you just have to make sure everything is a-ok :P.