ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:36:54 GMT
At 08:05  22/6/00 +1000, you wrote:
>I then attempted to do this at home running the jdk1.2.2 for Linux that
>I got from Sun. I am attaching the output from what I got when I ran
>bootstrap.sh. If anyone can nudge me in the right direction as to what
>might be wrong, please let me know.

Very odd problem. Not sure exactly what the problem is but heres a few
things to try
* make sure you have write permission to directory and all files
* make sure you move $HOME/.antrc while bootstrapping (just in case you
have odd settings there)
* make sure you run script from the base ant directory
* make sure you include the required parser files in your classpath
(xerces.jar)
* make sure you never changed build.xml

Sorry if these sound simplistic but I can't think of anything that would
cause this errors :P

>:/usr/local/java/lib/classes.zip:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:lib/xml.jar:
src/main:classes
>src/main/org/apache/tools
>src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/ProjectHelper.java:143: class Taskdef not
found in class org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper
>            Task taskdef = new Taskdef();

oh and another thing it prolly would have been sufficient to only send a
few errors as they were all basically the same :P

Cheers,

Pete