ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:33:05 GMT
At 06:25  20/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I didn't mention it in my first mailing, but making the execution of a task
>dependent only on the positioning of this task in the XML would mean that
>init could be made to go away.

I am not sure I understand this exactly ...

>If we decide to propagate this distinction, I would like to see some
>difference, evident to the casual reader, between the two types.  Example,
>make the purely declarative tasks processing instructions, e.g..,
><?property?>.

I am not 100% on the role of properties in the future. I read the archives
and still don't grok it fully yet :>

Just say we had <? set-property bob "someString" ?>. Would that then
theoretically create a entity named bob that would expand to "someString".
The only way for variables to exist in a buildfile would be through a
<available /> tag ?

Cheers,

Pete