ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:45:02 GMT
At 10:35  20/6/00 +0200, you wrote:
>My proposal:
>
>1. Don't treat properties as tasks at all. Don't even say they are
>tasks in the documentation.
>
>2. Do the same for taskdefs.
>
>3. Don't instantiate tasks before they get executed.
>
>4. Merge init and execute into a single method that gets called right
>after the task has been configured.

...snip...

well if I was a voting member I would go +1 but because I aint I will just
say good :P. Thou don't see why the properties/taskdefs don't get treated
exactly like tasks (except that maybe they can never be overidden) so are
you asking for just a philosophical distinction and safety net so some-one
cant add their own task named taskdef ???

Cheers,

Pete