ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject RE: [RFE] Richer Task Specification
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:25:09 GMT
At 10:53  15/6/00 -0400, you wrote:
>This would be processed as:
>
>   new compileTask().init();
>     javac().init();
>     javac().execute();
>     taskdef().init(); <== OK!
>   new foo().init();
>   compileTask().execute();
>   foo().execute();
>
>Question for the group: this solves this particular scenario.  Are there
>other scenarios that this does not address which should be considered at
>this time?

this actually wouldn't solve my problem because my tasks use source from my
project ... hence it would only really work if the whole project was
compiled at stage javac().execute(); which would defeat the purpose of it
in my case. Which means I would be forced to go back to 2 build file,
multiple pass compiling I do now.

Cheers,

Pete