ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Ant on NT
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 01:17:20 GMT
At 05:42  14/6/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Forgive me if this is not the proper venue, but Ant does not work for me
>under NT.  The "javac" target fails to descend into my source hierarchy and
>compile my files, although it does report the correct number of files before
>reporting a "Modern Compile" and then (it seems) doing nothing.

Older versions did exactly what you describe :P so it may be a problem
there. How new is you version ?

Solutions:
* Change compiler to classic
* Download new ant version
* get the extremely free opensource speedy compiler jikes (my recommendation)

Depending on your particular jvm you may need to put %JAVA_HOME%\tools.jar
into classpath to get classic to work. I am not sure if there is a packaged
version of ant available thou you can get source from
http://jakarta.apache.org/getinvolved/cvsindex.html but you have to use cvs
which may be painful if you are a first time user.

Jikes is a free compiler originally available at www.alphaworks.ibm.com.
There is a link from there to it's current home and I think this compiler
is great so this is the easiest/best option I guess :P

Cheers,

Pete