ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Dimock <t...@cornell.edu>
Subject RE: Ant on NT
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:19:44 GMT
At 08:11 AM 06/15/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> ugg ... I believe you need jaxp.jar from sun (http://java.sun.com/xml
>????)
>> and also the latest CVS version of xerces (I don't think 1.1.1 had
>support
>> in it). Painful yes .. but I guess if you want the latest and greates :P
>
>Change that to *OR*.
>
>Any JAXP compliant XML parser will do, but you only need one.

If you are going to use the Sun parser, you need jaxp.jar AND parser.jar

Does xerces supplant both of these, or would you need jaxp.jar and
xerces.jar??

jaxp.jar does not actually contain a parser, just the jaxp parser manager
stuff....
       Tom Dimock  ----  Cornell University  ----  tad1@cornell.edu
"There go my people.  I must follow them, for I am their leader."  M. Gandhi