ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Dimock <t...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: delete question
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:21:27 GMT
At 04:06 PM 06/14/2000 -0400, Sam wrote:

>Tom Dimock wrote:
>>
>> Sam - I don't think that will work - neither delete nor deltree
>> is descended from MatchingTask.
>
>What?  Well delete darn well should be...

You'll get no argument from me on that!   :-)

>> What he wants is a deletefiles task which does descend from
>> MatchingTask.  Like the one I posted to the list a couple
>> of days ago......
>
>Sounds great!  Any reason why this shouldn't simply replace delete?

"deletefiles" with an "includes" argument can do anything delete can do.
If you're interested, I could come up with a replacement for delete which
would support the old "file" attribute, and add in the new functionality
that I put into deletefiles.
       Tom Dimock  ----  Cornell University  ----  tad1@cornell.edu
"There go my people.  I must follow them, for I am their leader."  M. Gandhi