ant-dev mailing list archives

From "R. K." <roothe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:59:56 GMT
Thank you. I've now successfully built
ant under Red Hat 6.2.

There were two problems:

1. The CLASSPATH in bootstrap.sh was pointing
   to classes.zip. There should be a conditional
   to test for JDK 1.2+ and replace that with
   rt.jar and i18n.jar.

2. $PATH should be added to the end of the PATH
   redefinition so that the appropriate VM is used.

I hope that building the rest of tomcat is easier.

Thanks,
Ruben

----Original Message Follows----
From: Dennis Gray <dmgray@fareast.com.au>
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:57:45 +1000

Hi Peter,

 > >Where is this supposed to be? I don't find it anywhere on my system.
 >
 > okay you will have to copy xerces.jar from your solaris system or
 > alternatively get xerces from cvs (goto xml.apache.org to get details).

I'll go get it. I guess others who compiled successfully on Linux already
had it.

 > specifically look at these lines in bootstrap. JAVA_HOME should be set to
 > your java directory and you currently have it set to /usr/local/java.

/usr/local/java is a symbolic link to /usr/local/jdk1.2.2

 > Make sure you are not using the kaffe virtual machine/compiler which
comes
 > with default instal on some distributions (notably the red hat distros).
In
 > which case try to uninstall it or put /usr/local/java/bin at the start of
 > PATH environment variable (by export PATH=/usr/local/java/bin:$PATH if in
 > bourne style shell) .

Ahh! Herein lies the problem! I found an extra javac in /usr/bin or some
such
directory so got rid of it and progressed further. Some other problem came
up but
I will  tackle that tomorrow.

Many thanks!

Dennis