ant-dev mailing list archives

From "R. K." <roothe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:44:54 GMT
Is the simple answer to this that ant will
only compile under JDK1.1.8 and not under JDK1.2.2?

That would explain why bootstrap.sh cites classes.zip,
which is obsoleted in 1.2.2.

Any expert here?

Thanks,
Ruben

----Original Message Follows----
From: Dennis Gray <dmgray@fareast.com.au>
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:50:20 +1000

Thanks, Peter. I tried all of your suggestions but no luck.

 > Very odd problem. Not sure exactly what the problem is but heres a few
 > things to try
 > * make sure you have write permission to directory and all files

This is exactly the same source that compiled okay on the Solaris box.
Nothing
changed except the JDK version.

 > * make sure you move $HOME/.antrc while bootstrapping (just in case you
have
 > odd settings there)

This never got created. I suppose it turns up once the compile is successful
but I never got that far.

 > * make sure you run script from the base ant directory

Yup

 > * make sure you include the required parser files in your classpath
 > (xerces.jar)

Where is this supposed to be? I don't find it anywhere on my system.

 > * make sure you never changed build.xml

Never touched it.

 > Sorry if these sound simplistic but I can't think of anything that would
 > cause this errors :P

The difference I do find is the lack of the classes.zip file in the
jdk1.2.2.
Someone suggested that I configure the ant build to use jdk1.2.2 but I don't
see where to do that. I did compile on the Solaris box with 1.1.8, I
believe. I
can confirm that tomorrow but I know we are not running Java2 on that
machine.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis