ant-dev mailing list archives

From "R. K." <roothe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:42:44 GMT
I'm getting similar errors using JDK1.2.2
on RedHat Linux 6.2.

In my case, the Sun packaged javac.Main
and rmi.Main classes are not found. My
CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME and other envars
are correctly set.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Peter Donald <donaldp@mad.scientist.com>
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Compiling with jdk1.2.2 (Linux)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 20:36:54 +1000

At 08:05  22/6/00 +1000, you wrote:
 >I then attempted to do this at home running the jdk1.2.2 for Linux that
 >I got from Sun. I am attaching the output from what I got when I ran
 >bootstrap.sh. If anyone can nudge me in the right direction as to what
 >might be wrong, please let me know.

Very odd problem. Not sure exactly what the problem is but heres a few
things to try
* make sure you have write permission to directory and all files
* make sure you move $HOME/.antrc while bootstrapping (just in case you
have odd settings there)
* make sure you run script from the base ant directory
* make sure you include the required parser files in your classpath
(xerces.jar)
* make sure you never changed build.xml

Sorry if these sound simplistic but I can't think of anything that would
cause this errors :P

 >:/usr/local/java/lib/classes.zip:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:lib/xml.jar:
src/main:classes
 >src/main/org/apache/tools
 >src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/ProjectHelper.java:143: class Taskdef not
found in class org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper
 >            Task taskdef = new Taskdef();

oh and another thing it prolly would have been sufficient to only send a
few errors as they were all basically the same :P

Cheers,

Pete