ant-dev mailing list archives

From thomas.h...@softwired-inc.com
Subject RE: Platform independend classpath in build.xml?
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2000 16:45:03 GMT

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Am 6/5/00, 1:15:12 PM, schrieb "Conor MacNeill" <conor@m64.com> zum
Thema RE: Platform independend classpath in build.xml?:

> > Looking from a design or architectual point of you, I totally agree.
The
> > first implementations where closer to what you are suggesting than to
what
> > the current code looks like. It has been built that way to cope
> > with the way
> > Ant uses reflection to load and manipulate objects. The way to look at
it,
> > is to write down the desired XML code and than create apropriate
objects
> > implementing the XML, therefor the things need to be called that way.
> >

> Thomas,
>
> OK, I understand the genesis of this now. My thought, however, is that
you
> have compromised the object model to cater for the vagaries of the XML
> parsing. IMHO, that may not be the best approach.

Actually it is not XML, but the way ANT creates objects from build
files. Every Ant task has to be implemented that way (and do not blame
me for this). About two month ago a new scheme has been discussed and
accepted. May someone knows what happened to it.

- tom