ant-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Goodwin <g...@worldweb.net>
Subject RE: exec problems
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:22:34 GMT
We had issues with calling SourceSafe directly in the manner you are trying
to do, and thus moved our SourceSafe command out to a batch script... I do
not remember if it was with the $ in the command or something else.  Here's
a code snippet:

<property name="apps-dir" value="\\Build\Apps" />
<property name="exec-vss-get"
value="${apps-dir}\Microsoft\Vss\WIN32\get.bat" />
<exec output="nul:" dir="${source}" command="${exec-vss-get}
static-jars\freemarker.jar" />

also I had issues with SourceSafe not creating any directories when doing
its get, so I had to create the target directory I was trying to populate
prior to the SourceSafe call.

Also, eric's suggestion of the OS name is really good.  I had tons of
problems using the OS attribute, and finally just removed it.

Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Barlow [mailto:sbarlow@peopledoc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 9:13 AM
To: ant
Subject: exec problems

I am trying to talk to VSS from ant to get the latest version of our source
using the following command.

<exec os="windows" output="./build.log" dir="./src"
command="\\development\nesc_vss\win32\ss Get $/Jura/current/devel/src -R
-I-Y"/>

It seems to run very quickly and do nothing.
Do you know what I may have wrong?

Thanks.
Stuart Barlow
+44 131 468 8205