ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Chaganthi, Madhusudan R." <>
Subject RE: PrintWriter deprecated in the 3.1 build
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:41:00 GMT
This is the log output when try to run bootstrap.

Is there anything I can do about this??

... Building Ant Distribution
java -ms128 -mx128 main
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\tools\jakarta-ant
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: C:\tools\jakarta-ant\build
Executing Target: check_for_optional_packages
Executing Target: compile
Created dir: C:\tools\jakarta-ant\build\classes
Compiling 57 source files to C:\tools\jakarta-ant\build\classes
C:\tools\jakarta-ant\src\main\org\apache\tools\ant\ Note: The
tructor has been deprecated.
                    out = new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream(logFile));
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: java.lang.String
        at Code)
        at Code)
        at Code)
        at Code)
The constructor has been
                PrintStream out=new PrintStream(new
error: An error has occurred in the compiler; please file a bug report
Note: 2 files use deprecated APIs.  Please consult the documentation for a
r alternative in each case.
1 error, 3 warnings
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

... Cleaning Up Build Directories
Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\tools\jakarta-ant
Executing Target: clean
Deleting: C:\tools\jakarta-ant\build
Deleting: C:\tools\jakarta-ant\dist
Completed in 1 seconds