ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Sieben (EUS)" <EUSJ...@am1.ericsson.se>
Subject RE: !oh yeah!
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:09:21 GMT
You like server.xml?

ugh. I wish they had stuck with some simple format for the thing, like the
apache configuration.

IMO it's a step backwards in server configuration for UNIX (not to be
compared with the great leap backward that is Win32, and the total
forece-feeding of GUI configuration.) Typing all that
<servetcontext><servelet></servlet></servletcontext> just takes forever.

Anyways that's my rant.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Todd [mailto:jwtodd@pacbell.net]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 1:14 PM
To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org; ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: !oh yeah!

after a 6+ month hella schedule i finally got a cylce or two
to upgrade tomcat and ant ... and they rock even more.

    upgrade w/o a hitch
    fleshed out support scripts and config files
    solid docs, examples

nice work to all. big time accolades. tomcat's server.xml has
matured nicely from it's humble beginnings. in my opinion
this raises the bar for server configuration. ant totally rocks
and appears to have addressed all my concerns.

java/xml/tomcat/ant ... nothing but !sweet!

!thx!

- james