ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Sieben (EUS)" <EUSJ...@am1.ericsson.se>
Subject RE: Conditionnal tasks
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:58:13 GMT
I thought the Script task was supposed to integrate scripting support?

It uses IBM's BSF (Beans Scripting Framework) to provide scripting
opportunities; I think this is an excellent idea to work from.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastien Pierre [mailto:spierre@Rational.Com]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 9:33 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Conditionnal tasks

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>  SP> This resembles to XSLT stylesheets, for those who know.
>
> Hmm, maybe you could use a real XSLT stylesheet together with a basic
> XML file to create a new build.xml tailored to the current conditions
> using the new Style task? I'm only partly serious here.

I don't think XSLT would be useful : for exemple I want to apply a block
of tasks to each ".xml" file of my directory "xml". For this, I cannot
really use XSLT - and don't really figure out how it could be used.

Anyway, embedding a scripting language would be a really brilliant idea
: I'm convinced that modern app/tools should let the user avoid
technical problems by allowing scripting. For this, I propose the PNuts
scripting language, which is very similar to Java/JavaScript, but with
some very interesting features (packages, gui stuff).

It is a good topic to discuss...So what's your opinion ?

Seb.
--
Sebastien Pierre.-  spierre@rational.com \
R a t i o n a l   software | XML          \ meet me on -