ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Blot" <eb...@jijia12.grenoble.hp.com>
Subject Re: <javac /> and autocopy
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:53:56 GMT

> I'm afraid there is not. But IMHO excludes="**/*.html" should work as
> well as includes="**/*.java" to restrict yourself to the java files.

That is really strange. It starts to work on my machine, _but_
as one file was still copied (a PERL script), I choose to use 'includes="**/*.java"'
rather than 'excludes="**/*.html"'. The PERL script is still copied, but the HTML not !

I'm going slighty mad with this.
Is there a cache or anything like this between ant runs ? This question seems stupid, I know,
but it seems to act like the
build.xml was cached and not reload when ant starts up...
May be the problem comes from where the file is stored (ant runs on an NT box, but all the
files (build.xml+java source files,
etc.) are on a Samba/Linux server.
I never encountered a problem of bad file caching before, so that sounds strange.

> As you said, this doesn't work for you. Do you think you could post
> the relevant portion of your buildfile and the "wrong" directory
> structure that gets created?

In fact, for a tree dir like this:

src/
   a/
      b/
         c/
         d/
         e/
      f/
         h/
         i/
         j/
tmp/

Where .java, package.html, and .pl files are in the src/ subtree, and where tmp/ is the destination
dir (for .class)
I uses two targets (one for b/ subtree, one for f/ subtree), with all the _same_ javac parameters,
but the .jar(s) in the
classpath tag.

Whenever 'bad copying' occurs, it only occurs for the second target, let's say 'f'. In this
case, all the package.html files are
copied into tmp, like this:

src/

tmp/
   a/
      b/
         c/*.class
         d/*.class
         e/*.class
      f/
         h/*.class
         i/*.class
         j/*.class
   h/package.html
   i/package.html
   j/package.html

Even if package.html is copied, I think that it should be copied into the source matching
subtree, for example for source file
src/a/f/h/package.html I would expect that the file is copied into tmp/a/f/h/package.html,
-not- into tmp/h/package.html ...

> Telling you that the autocopy part is going to be removed won't help
> you much now.

No 8') But I think this is a good idea.

Thanks for your help.
Emmanuel.