ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Miller" <k...@vardus.co.uk>
Subject Would you call this a bug?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:54:29 GMT
Something that I got stung by the other day led to the creation of a 400MB+
file (and growing!) before I realised what was going on and intervened...

I had something like the following in my build.xml file:

<jar jarfile="build_dir/project-src.jar" basedir="."/>

Simple enough, just packing up all the source code etc for my project.
Unfortunately I forgot to exclude the build_dir itself from the jar
operation. This lead to an attempt to add the jar file to itself, thus
creating an infinitely large file...
I'm not sure if it is just something that people should watch out for, or if
ant should check for this situation? Any comments?