ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: JUnit task and friends
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:23:13 GMT
JUnit has its own concept for handling collections for tests, namely suites.
Do we want to overlap that?

--
Conor MacNeill
Home: conor@m64.com
Work: conor@cortexebusiness.com.au
Web:  www.cortexebusiness.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Nazarenko [mailto:KNazarenko@BlueRipple.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 June 2000 0:14
To: 'Thomas Haas'; ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JUnit task and friends

Hi All,
I am quite new in ANT/JUnit programming but I think it is a great idea to
have Unit Testing framework (JUnit), which runs automatically using ANT.
So I have a suggestion concerning Thomas’s realization of JUnitTask. I think
it will be very helpful to derive JUnitTask   from MatchingTask (not from
Task). It will give us the possibility to specify what files we are going to
test.
For example: we have a bunch of test classes, lets say _t*.class. Using
MatchingTask it is possible to perform recursive, automated ANT TEST through
the entire tree of classes.

Is this idea worth to work out or is it already implemented in some other
way?

Thanks,
Konstantin.