ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Delete.java Deltree.java
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:05:58 GMT
Stefan,

> I thought File.exists() would return false in our case. What does
> Windows return on File.delete? Could we use that value instead?

Actually File.exists does work. My little bit of test code must have been
awry. It is actually the "access denied" that causes problems. I didn't
bother to see what File.delete returns. Would that be preferable? (aside:
File.delete seems an unusual method to effectively return an error code. If
it didn't delete the thing, it should have thrown an exception, IMHO).

Conor