ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: mkdir and rmdir / Windows
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:59:59 GMT

OK, I've committed the code for that. I came across a few interesting
issues, however.

1. If deltree points to a file, it deletes the file. Perhaps this explains
Stefano's comment on the initial checkin of Delete "new task: delete single
file (strangely it was missing)"

I think we should change that to throw an exception. (This is commented out
at present).

2. The indenting in the delete task is now 2 characters instead of 4. This
appears to have occurred when the Matching Task patch from Tim Dimock was
committed. Worth fixing? I think so.

3. logging in place of exceptions. I notice that <delete> logs errors and
doesn't throw exceptions. For example if you pass a directory to the file
attribute, it just logs a message (at INFO logging level). I would prefer to
have most of these as exceptions. I prefer to blowup sooner. Of course, this
rule is not hard and fast as we discussed over the operation of <touch>
under 1.1 situation.

Comments?