ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: mkdir and rmdir / Windows
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:02:16 GMT

Well I am sure that ant does indeed bail out. I do not think it can be
overcome within ant however. It is really an operating system level issue.
If, for example, you have a directory in an explorer window and you do
'build clean' which deletes that directory, it seems that the directory will
continue to exist albeit in some transient state. The directory will appear
in directory listings but any attempt to use it will get an "access denied".
Try it from the command line to see that this is not peculiar to ant. Once
you "let go" in the explorer window, the directory disappears from the
filesystem.

Whilst the directory is in this transient state, it appears that
File.exists() will return false but that any attempt to create the directory
quite naturally fails.

Not much to be done.

Conor