ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Call for patches
Date Tue, 23 May 2000 15:01:31 GMT

 BB> Instead of multiple if's, it is a task called availablelist
 BB> which takes paramters classes, resources, and files, each of
 BB> which are plural versions of the class, resource, and file
 BB> parameters of the available task.

I'd prefer a solution like this as it wouldn't require a change to
Ant's core but merely add a task.

But wouldn't it be better to extend the functionality of available
instead of adding a new task with overlapping concerns?

As for the notavailablelist task you describe in a different mail, you
explicitely say this is not the opposite of availablelist so the name
is kind of misleading. What I gather from your description:

* All resources are there => avalailablelist is true, notavailablelist
is false.

* None of the resources are there => avalailablelist is false,
notavailablelist is true.

* Any one of the resources is there but not all of them => both
availablelist and notavailablelist are false.

This makes for powerfull combinations but looks tricky (read as needs
a bunch of good documentation to match the simplicity goal).

Stefan