ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: a question about the jar task and the javac task...
Date Mon, 15 May 2000 08:06:12 GMT

 KW> 1. The jar task doesn't have the '0' option that 'jar' has, i.e.

You are right. Both zip and jar will create compressed files.

I propose to add a boolean "compress" attribute to the zip task (jar
would inherit it from zip) that defaults to true and set the
OutputStream to ZipOutputStream.DEFLATED or ZipOutputStream.STORED
according to this option.

This is quite straight forward and I could supply a patch for it.

 KW> 2. While it's not an issue, I wonder if there is a simple way to
 KW> suppress the "copying of support files" that the javac task does.

This will disappear rather soon. Most of the current Apache build files
already include an explicit copyfile task where it is needed.

 KW> 3. Hey, while I'm at it... Is there a property that has the
 KW> CURRENT time?

None I'm aware of. You could always use an exec task to call date
(on Unix that is) or some similar magic.

Stefan