ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Generic tasks for idl2java, javac ... (was Re: A question about "available" ...)
Date Thu, 18 May 2000 13:28:28 GMT
>>>>> "VS" == Vitaly Stulsky <vitaly_stulsky@yahoo.com> writes:

 VS> BTW where is third bullet? :o)

Oh well, I should better write an enumeration minor-mode to catch
these 8^).

 >> 4. Have only one option at all - for the command line.

 VS> I don't like this one ....

Neither do I.

 VS> I see this approach like abstract idlToJava task which has to be
 VS> extended by specific implementation.

The way tasks are handeled right now - and are expected to be handeled
in the future - would not allow abstract task classes. The static
factory method you propose doesn't fit into the way Ant works either.

I do agree your approach seems to be the most flexible one but would
need some changes to the Ant core.

Stefan